Total Days: 19
Best Season: March April May, September October December
Max Altitude: 0
Transportation: Private transpotation
Rolwaling Valley Trek is a difficult and strenuous trekking of Rolwaling region of mid east Nepal. Rolwaling is a remote high altitude glacier valley west of Everest region believed that the mysterious Yeti makes home, although various expedition and research in search of Yetis have been unsuccessful including famous Yeti expedition led by Sir Edmund Hilary in 1956. The high valley is among the seven hidden valleys mentioned in Buddhist sculptures, buried down between steep ice-giants and many mysterious stories have been passed on about this valley. The lower section of this valley have settlements of Beding (3510m) and Na Gaun (4120m) whereas the upper valley are carved by glaciers and towering peaks and is isolated and no permanent settlements are found here. The Rolwaling trek is also Known as Gaurishankher trek or Cho rolpa trek.
Rolwaling Trekking simply can be explained as trek in steep narrow trails, walking in glaciers and crossing several high altitude pass in the mean time enjoying the view of great Himalayas including Gaurishankher (7145m), Pharchamo Peak (6187m), Cho – Oyu and many more peaks. Besides you get chance for an intimate encounter of the Tamang and Sherpa communities living in this region. The other attraction of this trek is Cho Rolpa lake, a high altitude glacier lake in risk of exploding, now the government is draining the lake regular to avoid the accident. Rolwaling Trek is a tiring and hard trek that requires prior trekking experience on glaciers and high passes as well it requires good physical fitness.
Day 01 : Greetings at Kathmandu Airport
Day 02 : A full day sightseeing tour of Kathmandu (The capital valley)
Day 03 : Kathmandu to Dolkha (1650m)
Day 04 : Dolakha to Shigati (1020m).
Day 05: Shigati to Gongar (1350m).
Day 06: Gongar to Simigaon (2020m).
Day 07: Simigaon to Donga (2800m).
Day 08: Donga to Beding (3690m).
Day 09: Beding to Na (4180m).
Day 10: Acclimatization day.
Day 11: Na to Nyiduk Kongma (4750m).
Day 12: Nyiduk Kongma Drolumbau Glacier (5200m).
Day 13: Drolumbau Glacier to Tashi Lapsa passes (5755m)
Day 14: Camp to Thame (3800m).
Day 15: Thame to Namche Bazar (3440m).
Day 16: Namche Bazaar trekking to Lukla (2,850)
Day 17: Flight from Lukla to Kathmandu
Day 18: Kathmandu free day.
Day 19: Final Departure
- From airport to hotel and hotel to airport transfer by private vehicle
- Three nights’ accommodation in a 3-star hotel in Kathmandu with Buffest breakfast
- Welcome or farewell dinners (depend up to your arrival and departure time)
- Kathmandu to Kathmandu surface transportation ( road and flight )
- Transportation road and flight for Guide and Nepali crews while applicable
- An experienced English-speaking trek leader (trekking guide), assistant trek leader (4 trekkers: 1 assistant guide) and High Altitude trekking local Sherpa porters to carry your luggage (2 trekkers:1 porter maximum weight 20 kg) including their allowance wages ,salary, insurance, equipment, flight, food and lodging expenses during a trek
- Full board meals BLD ( breakfast, lunch, and Dinner) during the trek as per available food menu in tea houses/Lodges
- Three times a cup of tea or coffee during the trek
- Teahouse/Lodge accommodation during trek on twin sharing basic (will provide single bedroom where ever available if you traveling solo travelers)
- Down jacket and trekking Equipment for local Staff
- Gaurisankhar conservation area Permit Fee (ACAP)
- TIMS card Permit (Trekkers Information Management System) for responsible tourism and porter protects
- Basic group medical supplies for normal health problem and injured (First Aid medical kit will be available)
- Medical and health insurance for local crew members
- All government and local taxes (25% income tax and 13% Vat )
- Nepal Visa fee USD25 for 15 days, USD40 for 30 days or if extending your stay USD100 for 90 days. All are multiple entries. You will also need a passport photo. The visa fee can be paid in US Dollars, Pounds Sterling or Euros. (bring accurate USD cash and two passport
- International flight ticket to arrive in Kathmandu
- Excess baggage charges( 15kg allowed ok Kathmandu Lukla flight ) 1kg = $1 USD
- Lunch and dinner in Kathmandu
- Meals and accommodation in Kathmandu if early return from the mountain(due to any reason) than the scheduled itinerary
- Personal expenses ( Telephone calls, laundry, bar bills, battery recharge, extra porters, bottle or boiled water, shower etc)
- Extra Tea coffee, Snacks, energy chocolates ETC
- Personal travel and medical insurance and medicine if you using any regular medicine
- Helicopter evacuation and emergency rescue
- Tips for guides and porters
- Any other items which is not in include section